Friday 3 May 2013

Miami Moon: Vampire's Lair Book One, Geoffrey Knight




 

A sexy, fun, vampire short which I had a great time reading.



- Review by Kazza K



Miami Moon: Vampire's Lair Book One
My daughter laid out a challenge for me. She said, "Mum, I want you to do a pictorial review." I think I may have found the book to do that for in Miami Moon: Vampire's Lair. Why? Because it's short, around 13,000 words, and the official blurb is pretty detailed giving the reader plenty to go off - Jason hitches his way from Chicago to Miami after witnessing something that made him feel powerless and disillusioned. He wants to be his own man, not what his father expects, and he wants to regain some direction. Let's see if I can do the rest in a primarily pictorial spread shall we.




Jason hitches to Miami and enjoys the beach -

He's looking for work at a local club/pub when a barman, tells him to ..."follow the alley down the side, knock on the second door on your right. The red door. My name is Zack. Tell them I sent you" -  

So Jason does as asked, he needs a job and nowhere else has been interested. He's thinking about leaving before knocking but a Tuxedo clad butler steps out - "Did Zack send you?......." "I was just looking for a job....But I think there's been some kind of mix-up. " The butler smiled. "No mix up, sir. Please come this way."





"Do you believe in destiny, Jason Caine?" 
This freaks Jason out. He's given no-one his name and yet this butler knows it.  "What did you just say?" "I said do you believe in destiny? Do you believe it is your destiny to be here?"
"How the fuck do you know my name?" The butler ignored his question. "You've already taken destiny into your own hands in your decision to change your life. To alter the course others have set out for you, The question now is, are you willing to allow us to pave you a new fate?"

Long story short Jason decides to give destiny the full lube and service, after all, he's come from Chicago to move on. Right? So the butler, Mayfair, offers Jason a drink, a....red drink -

Which Jason drinks, ending up out of it - I knew it -  and in a car being driven out through bayou's  towards a rather glamorous house -

Outside, and inside, are beautiful men in various states of un/dress and sexual states, I liked this party :)




















Jason is not sure where he is or what is going on, other than a full-on party is happening. He meets Marcus walking a collared alligator - "That's Herodotus, Xavier's pet...The collar is just for show. He stays here of his own fee will, too. We all do."
"What is this place? Who are these people? Why am I here?"
"This is Xavier's Lair. And I think you already know why you're here. You just haven't let your heart accept it yet."

Of course we can guess - The Vampires Lair Book One, Xavier's Lair. And speaking of Xavier, he is tight, taut and HUNG. No complaints, yet -At the end of the den was a man sitting in the large chair...The man was completely naked. His golden flesh flickered and gleamed on the glow of the candles melting on a nearby table...A silver cock ring, constricting his huge thumping, erect penis and bulging balls, sparkled and shone in the reflection of the shimmering candlelight.

(Sorry, no cock ring, but nice penis)

Jason is intrigued. They talk. He gets naked but takes off because it's all too much. Gets rescued from the bayou, they fuck in a voyeuristic display, still no complaints,  and transfer....energies, yes, energies is a code word :)






















Jason learns why he is at Xavier's, why they chose him. What his 'destiny' can be. And he puts some of that vampiric mojo to good use. 'Isn't that right Ian Somerhalder' -



(Mmm, hmm)


Overall -

This was very much an erotic tale, it definitely has an extended gay magazine story feel about it. I enjoyed the heck out of it!! I thought it sexy, fun, quirky, kept me reading, it was easy to read, sexy (I had to say that twice.) The story and end were intriguing and made me invested. I'm wanting book two. I want to know more. Recommended for those who like sexy vampire reads, plenty of descriptions of silky smooth bodies, hung men and a bit of sexy fun.

4 Bite Me, Baby, Stars!

6 comments:

  1. First, I want to send a HUGE thank you to your daughter for encouraging you to do a pictorial review. Seriously, a huge thank you... ;)

    Great review. The story looks amazing. I have to add it to my list. It looks like exactly what I'm looking for right now.

    (LOVE the pics and gifs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next assignment is an interpretative dance apparently. Don't know how that will work but, hey, I'm up for it :)
      Glad you liked the pics and the GIFS, this was fun to do. I enjoyed Miami Moon and I want more now. I'm loving this 'Charlie Harding presents' concept.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to read this one, or to enjoy your next dance-inspired review. More please!!

    Anne
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good reading, Anne. Yes, well, the interpretative dance would be....interesting, or scary :-D

      Delete
  3. I would also like to thank your daughter for her suggestion. You did a great job with the pictures and your review. I am now hooked. :D Another one to add to my ever growing TBR pile. How could I pass up descriptions of silky smooth bodies and hung men?...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has created a monster!!
      I'm glad you liked the pictures, Lisa. Yep, the double 'h' -hung and hairless :-D

      Delete